Re: [Harp-L] tenor insanity

Interesting discussion.

I love that quartet video on the TV show.

The duo is good too, but I almost feel that while Toots is great, he may be
a little tired at that point.

The style of the duo brought to mind a record of Oscar Peterson and Dizzy
Gillespie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiTfwcXcPsM

When I listen to Dizzy and Oscar, it makes be realize how incredible they
both are to pull off a duo at this tempo, and Oscar is just as busy, and
probably more than Bert!  I find Dizzy's tone with the mute makes it a
little hard to hear his lines clearly, but when I listen hard, I hear how
much he has going on in them.

In fact, after listening to Oscar, I go back to the Toots duo and Bert
doesn't seem that busy by contrast.

Jason

www.jasonharmonica.com