[Harp-L] SPAH Blowoff History

A thousand thanks for the enlightening input from the  Iceman and others in
regard to the history of the Blues Blowoff.   Been 'playing' for 40+ years
but my 1st SPAH was only 7 years ago, attended  every one since but am shy
on what went on before.

So I stand corrected, didn't know the early incarnation of the blowoff  was
an official part of SPAH back in the 90's.  First one I attended  was
hosted by Jason Ricci, I think 2008, held at the same  venue in St Louis.  It was
absolutely spectacular  -understatement-   I became an instant addict.

How did I wind up in the producers chair?  Had been a  long time
co-producer of a successful blues festival in Colorado, the  Greeley Blues Jam.  Did
my best to make it a harmonica rich event  and sometimes succeeded.  I also
fabricate custom mic's & cables  for harmonica players, I guess some on the
SPAH  board thought these efforts were of benefit to our  community & I was
asked to join the staff as stage  manager.  Last year when nobody came
forward  to organize the blowoff I was concerned that it wasn't going  to happen
and offered to step in... so now I have another 'hat',  which is a bit of a
mixed blessing.  Will continue at least  through 2015 when SPAH comes to
Denver, which is only an hour from my home.  I consider myself but the
custodian, eventually will pass the keys  but in the meanwhile will work to integrate
into the blowoff SPAH's  mission to Preserve and Advance.

Christopher Richards
Staging & Production - SPAH
Harmonica Planet.com