[Harp-L] Re: Digital Gus

I do know 2 of the rooms we non longer play are due in part to the amount and location of TV's in the venue. People, including band members become fixated on it rather then the music or the people across the table.

Nobody listens to music at home with the tv on nor do they watch tv while playing the stereo. It's one or the other so why should we have to put up with it on gigs.

People are use to background music (jukebox, DJ, radio) while staring blankly at the tube in bars. When the band comes on it remains a continuation in the background
and create a climate of non communication between a performer and audience. The attention drops, the applause drops at the end of songs and the room remains silent on many occasions oblivious that there is even a band there.

Take care
Mike
www.harmonicarepair.com