[Harp-L] Re: Digital Gus

'Sound check, we don't need no stinking sound check'.

If the house doesn't take care of it then I usually reach up and push  the
off button on any TV behind the stage.  Kinda' depends on the  rapport I
have with the venue, most places don't mind.  If they get upset  or turn it
back on then I don't have much interest in playing  there again.

Sometimes it a matter of education.  Incredibly, the manager  or bartender
may not be aware of how demeaning this is to a musician or  other
entertainer.  Say it nice, try to get them on your side rather  than just bawling them
out.  If you see a potential TV issue when  you first walk in, then have
the conversation before you start to set up, it's  one of those 'ounce of
prevention' things.

Gigs sometimes bump into challenges such as over  length games.  A lot of
the crowd, the people who pay the bills,  want to see and hear it to the end.
 In those cases I understand a delayed  start.  As long as I still get
paid, and am free to stop at the agreed upon  time, then it's no big deal.

Young Nic Clark recently played Red Rocks with Todd Mohr... throw me a  Red
Rocks gig and you can put all the TV's behind the stage you want.  Nic
will participate in the pre-SPAH Blues Blowoff this year.  BB's  St. Louis Aug
5th.

Christopher Richards
Harmonicaplanet.com