[Harp-L] Digital Gus

While I had my fair share of Gus’s in the past year or so nothing annoys me more then playing in a bar that has banks of big screen tv’s on every wall
and the bar owners don’t have enough respect or decency to turn the mutta foyer’s off when the bands start.

I think it’s about time musicians speak up about it.  Lots of us are on Facebook and probably have bar owners as FB’s.  Politely put the word out there
that it IS distracting to both the audience and band to leave them on especially in the area where the band performs.

I’ve played in rooms where the tv’s were above and behind and beside the band as if we aren’t good enough to watch. What the hell is the use of going out to play any longer when you have to deal with that crap.

It is a fact audience will respond MORE to a band when they aren’t being distracted by Tv’s in the room.  The best rooms in this town for audience appreciation don’t have
tv’s anywhere in the room or near the stage.

mike
www.harmonicarepair.com