[Harp-L] all Gussied up and no place to go?

this Gus thing is really fun...interesting...

I've never seen it in what used to be part of my regular line of work, but just thinking of sitting in an orchestra playing oboe or another "more expensive than harmonica" instrument, playing "The Mahler" or "The Mozart" (that's how snobby, or semi-snobby classical players talk) and having someone in the audience unpack their oboe,  wet up a reed, play a few warm up notes and then join in with the orchestra, is really kind of cool....

If I were rich, I'd arrange for that to happen, and have it filmed.

Not being all that rich, I'll just imagine it from time to time.

This is really cool....thanks to whoever started this thread....

On Jul 17, 2014, at 10:18 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Subject: [Harp-L] Best reaction to Gus......

jon kip
http://jonkip.com

player of music, mostly written by dead people and played on a toy that everybody's Uncle except my nephew's has the good sense to keep safely out of sight in a drawer.