[Harp-L] was: Copyright violation and JP Allen's harmonica.com... observations

Indeed a sad state of affairs Winslow. Interesting that you bring this
subject up at this time. Recently I have been researching and preparing to
write an instructional "brochure" for the very basic beginners starting
point. I want to include one with every starter harp that I sell. More of a
prep for deciding where to go next for instruction or just have fun with it.

I fondly remember the Tony Glover days. Do a google search for learn
harmonica and it is unreal what turns up. Many "serious" harp players
complain about the disrespect that our instrument receives. Treated like a
toy. Perhaps this is because almost every "method"  is learn in 30 minutes
, 24 hours, in a week, in a month. Infomercials like late night TV many of
them. One after another a parody of the other. Somehow harp instruction has
become big business. And it is so fun and easy to become the life of the
party and start a blues band! Some ads/websites make me laugh, some are
outright embarrassing to me as a harmonica ambassador/lover.

Stealing web traffic is business as usual online for most everything. The
harmonica is no exception obviously. Disgraceful and unfair. I hope you get
it cleared up.

wb