Re: [Harp-L] Amp Modeler

Ross Macdonald wrote:
<At $2800 +- it ought to sound awesome right?
<
> On Jul 12, 2014, at 12:46 PM, Mike Rogers <harpman9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Went into the studio today and had the opportunity to play through an
> Axe FX2 amp modeler, using the 59 Bassman amp through a Champ cabinet.
> The sound is amazing.   At my age, my '93 Fender Blues DeVille stays in
> the rehearsal room, all 70 lbs.  These modelers have certainly come a
> long way.

I feel obliged to point out the latest Digitech RP sells for a lot less than a tenth of that, and it certainly does the job.

Not that the $2800 device doesn't sound great.  It would be amazing if it didn't.  But it's even more amazing that the technology has advanced to the point where a device selling for under $200 sounds great.

By the way, I played a gig in Jackson, WY this weekend with some of the local rock heavies.  And of course, I used a Digitech RP360XP with my latest patches loaded.  Details here:
http://www.hunterharp.com/12-july-2014-kicking-out-the-jams-in-jackson/

I heard the most outrageous Gus story ever at that gig, which I will save for another post to this list.

Regards, Richard Hunter