Re: [Harp-L] Seminars at the 2014 SPAH Convention

On 7/3/14 8:21 AM, Ken H in Ohio wrote:
You can play "major" on a natural minor diatonic harp... the major scale is
right there and inline with the minor scale, since the two scales share the
same notes; they just start on different notes... so on an Anm the C major
scale is there too.

Absolutely and Jason points this out in the video but in the case of Summertime it's much easier to use a major diatonic because the bends are all easier which Jason also points out.

I'm not making an argument against using minor tunings, I use them quite often. For me the point of a minor tuning scheme just like any other tuning scheme is to allow you to play the music you're trying to play in a way that allows you the most expression. fjm