Re: [Harp-L] Hohner tuning

There´s probably been an answer to this already (I only read the digest).

  Anyway, this peculiarity pertains not only to Germany but also to the Nordic countries, like here in Sweden. (We were under considerable German influence until something happened ... circa February 1943 -- then we looked steadfastly to the West.)

The trad. explanation that´s given is that it´s just a case of misreading: lower case "b" looked to the note copying monks very much like an "h".

  A -H - C  ... it´s, erh, obvious.

  Therefore "B-A-C-H"  is also a note sequence.

cheers,
Martin

>When
 you say "B" to a German, she thinks B-flat, a wholetone below C.  If
you mean B-natural, you must be specific.  >The B(H) indicates B-natural,
 a halftone below C,  which belongs in the dominant Draw-G chord GBD.

I'm not sure but I guess that the H stands for hoch which would be "high" in German
On Jan 20, 2014, at 1:14 PM, tacopescado@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 I've noticed that in Hohner's tuning charts on their website they have
hole three draw labeled as B(H). Does anybody know what the 'H' is
about? Here's the link: http://us.playhohner.com/instruments/harmonica/diatonic-harmonicas/marine-band/marine-band-1896-classic/