[Harp-L] Re: Cham-Ber Huang Legacy preserving it.

Emile and fellow members:

The following interview of Mr. Cham-Ber Huang from NAMM oral history
http://www.namm.org/library/oral-history/cham-ber-huang

This recorded September 15, 2005

> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 16:25:06 -0800 (PST)
> From: Emile Damico <oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [Harp-L] Cham-Ber Huang Legacy preserving it.
> To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Cham-Ber was not just a performer but also an educator and an arranger.
> I still have some of his 18 studies for chromatic harmonica but I don't
> think they
> were ever published. They were based on Bona and showed great insight to
> the use of b# and e#. He also had Music Minus one stuff but I don't think
> it's
> available from the company. I know he did many arrangements of pieces also.
> I think there is a duet for the Air in G.
>

> Cham-Ber was my first harmonica teacher through Music Minus one.
> I would hate to see his work lost. I have what I think is his first
> recording
> in Hi Fi before stereo. I'm sure it's out of print now.
>
> I think it would be great if SPAH could Help preserve his legacy so it
> could be
> available to future generations. Some type of archive would be great. I
> know there may be some legal issues but I don't think they're
> insurmountable. Maybe the Huang harmonica company could help SPAH.
>
> Thanks for listening,
>
>  Emile
>
> ------------------------------

~~

Abe Thomas
Director Business Development
Suzuki Music India
http://www.SuzukiMusicIndia.com
*Instrumental in Music Education*

â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â
"To pass through life and miss this music is to miss
out on one of the best things about living."
                                                    Art Blakey
â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â â