Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Once upon a time in America

Thank you for your comments Aongus my friend..and I think it is a must see
if only for the Italian take on the American West, and the many character
actors  in the movie. The explanatory scene (of a young Bronson's character
being  forcibly involved in the murder of his older brother by Henry Fonda
and his  crew) is what makes that harmonica riff so personal to him...and why
each time  it's heard, it signals trouble to come. I don't believe many
people actually  like the sound anymore than you do. It's grating and a bit
eerie, but  very evocative. And Bronson's character has no name other than
'Harmonica'.

A lot of men especially, think a very beautiful Claudia Cardinale is reason
 enough to watch the movie, incidentally. ;)

Elizabeth

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 00:14:01 -0000
From: "Aongus  MacCana" _amaccana@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:amaccana@xxxxxxxxxx)
Subject:[Harp-L] Once upon a time in America
To:  <EGS1217@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Harp-L List <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Hi  Elizabeth,

I enjoyed your input on the above topic. Some years ago I  recorded this
film
from the TV - simply because someone had told me it was  worth watching.
Like
many another recording I never actually got around to  watching it.

Now that you have made me aware of the harmonica connection,  I will feel
obliged to look at it. Mind you I am not all that 'turned on' by  the
harmonica  clip.

Beannachtai

Aongus