Re: [Harp-L] re: Man with what harmonica

Giuseppe,

Of course it is, I was just blabbering.
  The peculiar notion of dubbing -- to a Swede peculiar: here we text everything that´s not directly geared towards children -- is not so peculiar in the States, I´m aware of that.
  And in Italy: well, 99% of films or so?

  The consequence is that you miss out on one of the most salient features of an actor, the voice. Henry F or Orson W or even Charlie B (with his interesting hard consonants) chatting away in Italian with "borrowed" voices ... Nah. (But I know Fellini actively prescribed it for his films in order to keep the integrity of the text.)

Bronson: I´m sure he blew a mean, and I mean mean, blues.

Cheers,
/Martin

On Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:00 PM, Joseph Leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jan 11, 2014, at 1:26 PM, martin oldsberg wrote:

> I believe I post this on Harp-l once every year or so. A tad repetitive, perhaps (so shoot me) but on the off chance that a young newcomer has missed it:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdK0jaLuJL8
>

> Why does Henry Fonda speak Italian?,

     Because that's the Italian version of the film? Btw, Charles Bronson DID play harmonica. Not in the film, but he did. Marine Band. :)
smo-joe