[Harp-L] Subject: Video worth watching for its no-cost instruments

Now THIS got to me.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/deceptivecadence/2012/12/19/167539764/the-landfill-
harmonic-an-orchestra-built-from-trash

We harmonica players complain about the costs of a harmonica - or a single
bad reed, while these kids play instruments made from garbage.  Actual
garbage.

This is unbelievable, and outstanding. Please watch. The youg man  'Bebi'
playing the cello brought me to tears. If anything, THIS is what  music is
supposed to be all about. It's not harmonica related (I don't suppose
anyone's figured out yet how to make a harmonica out of discarded trash), but
--what a way to provide a way out of a life on the very lowest rung on the
poverty ladder for these wonderful young musicians. Think there's any way to
send them some of our old harps to round out their orchestra?

Imagine the possibilities!

Elizabeth