[Harp-L] Re: Richard Hunter's patch set for Digitech

Robert Hale wrote:
<The more time I spend with my RP355, the more I appreciate the work Richard has done to get harp players started with effects. <If you get an RP, then buy his patch set, too. You can build all your sounds yourself,  but it will take H<OURS of learning and <experimentation.
<
<FOR EXAMPLEI've been using a multi-effects processor on my live amped harp for more than 10 years. This time I began creating RP <patches in a very minimalist way. I started without selecting Amps, Cabinets, and EQ, and focused instead on my favorite sound <modifiers: echo, reverb, wah, Leslie Organ, and envelope-follower, etc.
<
<I had learned from experience with 2 previous processors to create a blank, zero, silent patch, with no name on it. By copying <this into all my (70) user positions, I start with a clean section of NO SOUNDS. (I think the RP comes loaded with "guitar" <patches in every space of the user section, as well as the factory presets)
<
<TUBE SOUNDI was getting my "tone" from the Fender Pro Junior tube amp and Green Bullet mic. Now that I have a solid-state <(clean) monitor and full range Fireball-V mic, I'm interested in Amps, Cabinets, and EQ. (It's quite a task to re-write each <sound with these changes.) You should buy Richard's RP download. If not, then at least create a generic patch that INCLUDES <these three. You can always tweak later. (And you probably will)<
<
<Now is the time to benefit from, and appreciate, Richard Hunter's work, before his physical conversion to the Cyborg is <complete. You won't recognize him later, and he won't be as much fun to talk to, either.
<
<http://www.hunterharp.com/

Thanks Robert for this unsolicited testimonial, which is much appreciated.

That said, I urge all to remember that Cyborgs are people too--well, sort of--and we should be careful not to injure the feelings of the Cyborgs on this list.  (You know who you are.  And even if you don't, we do.  I think.)

And please note that you don't need to be a Cyborg to use a Digitech RP.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick