[Harp-L] Digitech RP1000 patches and Digitech RP360

I've completed work on my patch set for the Digitech RP1000, which is the biggest and most complex beast in Digitech's RP line.  Among other things, it offers the ability to run a "real" amp in the 1000's external loop, so you can apply the 1000's FX to your favorite amp (if you've got one) and switch back and forth between "real" and modeled amps.  The new patch set will be available as soon as I can set up my website to handle the orders.  (By the way, my favorite RP is still the RP500, which offers just about everything you get in the 1000 except for external amp and FX loops, which I don't desire and don't think I need.  But if you want to run another pedalboard through your RP, the 1000 is your baby.)

I've also just acquired an RP360XP, the newest model in the RP line. This thing is roughly half the size and weight of the RP500 and includes most of the same amp and FX models, plus a few new ones, all of which makes it a very interesting device.  The icing on the cake is that it runs on a DC power supply, as opposed to the AC power that was unique to the older RPs.  The even more delightful icing is that its power supply can run on 240 volts as well as 120, which means that you can run it on wall power in London, France, and anywhere else that uses EU-standard power.  Having burned out my RP255 simply by plugging it into the wall in a London hotel, I'm really looking forward to having an RP that won't do that.

Stay tuned for more info on these patch sets.  By the way, as per my previous comments, I do NOT recommend that current RP owners swap out their RPwhatevers for an RP360.  The previous generation RPs use the same chip as the 360, and they sound plenty good.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick