Re: [Harp-L] Re: (Diatonic) Harmonica in Progressive Rock or Jazz Rock? (Peter Madcat Ruth)

The JJ Milteau recording that I like the most is called Routes. The opening tine, Blue Bob is very reminiscent of Lee Oskar at his best. I'm not sure if this is the recording that Mr Hunter heard. It's older, 1995. I bought it direct from Europe when it was difficult to do. I bought 2 copies, the other one went to Chris Michalek. The backing band is really good and the music is cohesive and well played. Many of JJ's other recordings are not nearly as well conceived and while they have their moments they aren't good from beginning to end like Routes is.

I also have the Sky King vinyl and a cassette tape of the rest of the more obscure Sky King recordings. I was tipped to it by a keyboard player who had been in that scene at the time it was happening. I believe I paid 50 cents for it used. I've never seen another copy since. Good stuff. fjm