Re: [Harp-L] Briar Patch

Stef,

That's definitely the tune, and a good version - but not the one I was thinking of

>From what I remember, the first few bars are done on a chromatic, as usual for this tune,
but then I think a keyboard came in and took over, just as the sample faded

Thanks, though!
Cheers, Mik
----- Original Message -----
From: stef
Sent: 15/02/14 03:55 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Briar Patch

There's a 'The Briar Patch" by Al & the Coholics? Is that the one? Love the name

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 9:12:50 AM UTC-5, Mik Brown wrote:Hello harp-l,

Years ago I used to be a member, and I'm sure someone on this list had
recorded a version of Gary Primich's "The Briar Patch". I think it was on their website,
but I'm not sure

I love the original, but the version I remember I really liked
I,m trying to sell the idea of doing this number live with a sax and chromatic.

I cannot find this version anywhere, it was only a sample of their recording,
and I'm sure it wasn't the original (much as I like that version)

Any help or pointers greatfully received -

Thanks, Mik