[Harp-L] Larry Adler Centenary

Even at this late stage it is good to see Larry Adler being acknowledged.

When I got my first mouth organ over sixty years ago Larry Adler was
undisputed as "De Man!" and as far as I am concerned he still is.

I was fortunate enough to attend a live one man show he did in a little
intimate theatre in Dublin in the nineteen fifties. He played. He told
stories. He accompanied himself on the piano.

He achieved fame for composing and playing the theme music for the film
"Genevieve", but I read somewhere that when this movie was released in the
States his credits had to be removed. Apparently he had been infected with
the "Mc Carthy Virus".

As we might say in Ireland "Ni fheicfear a letheid aris" ("His likes will
not be seen again!")

Beannachtai

Aongus Mac Cana