Re: [Harp-L] overdraw overbend overblow

Mike Best,
Although I agree with you that your concept should be the correct concept,
I have heard so many people refer to overdraws as overblows that I have
just accepted it as slang.

Patrick,
Bending makes a note go lower in pitch.  Overblows and overdraws make a
note go higher in pitch.  Unless you are overblowing or own a half valved
harp, XB-40, sub 30 or X reed harp, you cannot create a fully chromatic
scale on a standard harmonica by bending only.  It is true that  some harps
inexplicably do small bends where they are not supposed to be able to do
it, perhaps you have lucked into a harp like that.  Please send an MP3 or
video of you playing a fully chromatic scale without overblows.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com