Best regards,

Brian

(looking for Unusual Suspects)

"Thu, 6 Feb 2014 18:13:17 -0500
From: Bob Cohen <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Sinus Surgery and Harmonica
On Feb 6, 2014, at 3:03 PM, eskeene@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm told i need to have surgery to restore drainage to my left maxillary sinus (the one behind the cheekbone). Apparently "negative pressure" has caused bone to grow and closed it off, resulting in frequent and severe sinus infections. Does anyone on this list have any experience with recovering from this surgery in terms of playing harmonica and/or harmonica playing contributing to this condition? Thanks, emily

I had pretty extensive sinus surgery a number of years ago. The first week after sucked mightily. I was very worried the procedure would affect my tone and also my singing voice--it didn't. Now I have relatively few infections and my playing and singing are up to par. Fear not. Contact me off list if you want to hear the gory details, lol.

Good luck.

-Bob"