[Harp-L] Yamaha THR10C

I attended the Swannanoa Music Gathering last summer, taking a slide guitar
class from blues musician and historian Scott Ainslie. I also hung out and
jammed much with Toby Walker and Gerald Ross (great teachers and musicians,
one and all). In addition to his ukulele, Gerald was playing a lap steel
through the Yamaha THR10, which is a small portable, battery 10w (5 per
stereo channel) practice amp with several on-board effects. Great speaker
output for the size.

I have bought and been experimenting with the THR10C model (more tube blues
amp emulation) and have found it to be really quite good for harp. I have
played a CR bullet and my vintage Shure PE585V ("James Cotton" mic) through
it with great results.

It drinks alkaline batteries (8) like I drink wine, too fast and too much,
but does really well with NiMH rechargers. I get a few days of practice and
even a gig (mic'd through the PA) thrown in with those.

If you get a chance to try one out for a bit, I recommend it. Very
convenient, no hassle "on-the-fly" settings and re-programming of the 5
preset buttons. Happy to hear other experiences with this as unit from
other Harp_Lers too. Happy New Year to y'all.

D.

--
Dave McCurry
http://www.reverbnation.com/musician/professoracemccurry