[Harp-L] choking on 7draw - only on G harps

Thought I'd throw this out and see what kind of responses I get...
Maybe I'm crazy, but I seem to be having a problem with hole 7 draw on "G" harmonicas.
This is happening while I'm playing (or trying to play) "Rockin around the Christmas tree"
I come to the 7 hole draw and it chokes out.
What I find weird is that on any other keyed harp, I don't seem to encounter this problem.
I tried playing around with gapping, I tried a new set of reed plates, I have a set of Lee Oskars and Special 20's and I encounter this on both, G harp, 7 hole draw.
This week I purchased a Crossover "G" and it is more forgiving, but I still notice that the 7 hole draw is a bit touchy for me.
What I find weird is that on any other key, I don't experience this. I can play on my C harp and the 7 draw doesn't choke on me. So my question ..... Is there something about the character of the 7 hole draw reed on a G tuned harp that makes it easy to choke? Or am I just loosing my mind? :-)

Sent from my iPad
Randy Redington
Surrendered.