Re: [Harp-L] harmonica for the lung-challenged?

[Re: I have a friend with one lung gone and the other partially gone. Cancer. I wonder if anyone here has heard of ill-effects of a little harmonica playing in that condition as a potential method of increasing lung strength and having some fun.]

My father lost 1/4 of his lung due to cancer. He got a harmonica at my suggestion, and used it to exercise his lungs. Mayo Clinic actually has an article on the use of harmonica for therapy.

http://sharing.mayoclinic.org/discussion/harmonica-helps-pulmonary-and-lung-transplant-patients-breath-easier/
Randy Redington

Sent from my iPad