[Harp-L] SJ News

Hello Harp L listers. I have taken some time off from the list, the site,
for the past few years and would like to give an update of Sonny Jr.
happenings.
I have been and will continue to build the Super Cruncher, Avenger, and
Super Sonny per order, contact me for pricing and lead times. I am in the
process of making a you tube video for SJ amp owners, as I'm the only one  who
knows these amps; how to set them up, troubleshooting, and  maintenance.
This way it will be on you tube long after I'm here as  the amps will outlive
us all; I feel it's my responsibility to do this as  virtually any issues
have been tube related and quick fixes. I've continued to  experiment with the
SC and Avenger and have found ways with using different  inputs and
settings to get even more projection with the same tone, they're  really hot. Mark
Hummel, Pierre Lacocque and new Super Cruncher owner Sugar  Ray Marcia are
using them as are new owners over the past year, I just  wanted to make sure
before making it public.  Contact me directly as I'll  have a description
typed up for any owners; _sonnytone@xxxxxxxx (mailto:sonnytone@xxxxxxx)  .
Cruncher owners  contact me for these setups as I haven't had many try them, to
give me feedback  as to whether they work or not with your amp. I don't
have any amps here but  mainly want others opinions rather than just mine.
Check out John Nemeth's  Blues Live CD where he uses his SC as usual for one of
the best recorded  sounds I've heard, which really shows the potential of
the amp.  John is a  U blocker with great long vibratos, excellent vocals, and
also has Soul Live out  which is mostly funk grooves, with some harp.

Acoustic playing; I am working on my first CD, and have registered one of
the duets Sonny Terry and I did in 1978 called The Rail Train, will be
featured  on this. I'm sure there are some of you out there who saw this young
white boy (  at the time With hair:)), perform this duet where Sonny blew the
whistle and  guided the train I imitated. Ride The Rails is when I cup a
Golden Melody hard  enough to keep the chugging train going, but forces air to
the top register  where the high notes play at the same time. In one of the
You Tube videos I plan  on doing of my acoustic work I'll demonstrate this;
I can only do it on plastic  harps. I've recorded my own version of John
Henry which is on Reverbnation under  John Henry ala Sonny Jr. , or I can email
it to anyone who contacts me  at the above email address if interested, but
will be doing more You Tube  videos. I'll have a new front page for the
site up after the first of the year,  will not be available the first week of
January but will return any email  communications when I return. I'm also
working on a Sonny Terry instructional  video which I'll go more in depth about
at another time, I know I can be  lengthy.
 Thank you all for your support, kind thoughts and prayers. I've taken  the
time over the past two years to work on the neck up issues and would like
to  give a sincere blanket apology to anyone I've offended on the list, in
business  or in life in general. No more complaints about health, so many are
struggling  it's just part of being human; I'm just glad to be here.
Respectfully,
Sonny Jr.