[Harp-L] Misogyny BS

"the misogyny so prevalent on most other harmonica forums to prevail against me or any other woman"

Though I'm reluctant to engage in a political discussion on this list, that sexist and bigoted statement cannot be allowed to stand without challenge.

There are certain words and phrases that when I see them I know that I can safely stop reading and won't miss anything of intellectual import. "Misogyny" is one of them. "Privilege" is another. Feminist women and their white knights use "misogyny" today as a rhetorical trump card, to shut down, rather than to encourage debate. Woman = good, men = bad is the mindset behind those complaining about misogyny.

I don't come to Harp-L to experience male bashing, which is what you are doing. Men are no more misogynist, in general, than women are misandrist. The difference is that act of misandry is politically correct these days (and your spellchecker won't recognize the word, which itself is politically incorrect). We hear about "glass ceilings", not about the fact that well over 90% of on the job fatalities are male. Of course there are virtually no consequences to the misandry that's commonly expressed today. When was the last time you saw a commercial advertisement that treated men like responsible adults? Likewise, when was the last time you saw a commercial that mocked female behavior? Women make 80% of consumer purchase decisions, they never forget feeling slighted, so advertisers pander to them with "stupid male" ads. Yeah, tell me about how men don't ask for directions while you use a GPS navigation system that was likely engineered by males.

The sisterhood will endorse your misandry and "white knight" males will attack other males, based on the foolish notion that if you do whatever women want, that'll get you laid. They remind me of that college kid who got mugged and recently wrote an op-ed piece blaming his own victimization on his supposed "privilege". I expect to be attacked by such white knights for daring to disagree with your narrative.

Forty years ago feminists were hysterically (yes, I went there, suck it up, buttercup) whining about a lack of agency, that they were being patronized and infantilized. Now we're told that women, despite their insistence on agency and being treated equally, are in fact delicate little flowers that must be protected from the rude language and behavior of men and boys. If you're going to play with the boys, you're going to have to tolerate them acting like boys, just like we men tolerate the natural inclination of women to try to control and manipulate others.