Re: [Harp-L] Banned from Slidemeister

Greg Heumann wrote:
<I too was effectively banned form Slidemeister - for doing nothing more than answering a list memberÂs legitimate question and pointing out that my <product was one designed to solve his particular problem.
<
<I think Slidemeister has it wrong.
<
<The harmonica market is worldwide, with no geographic concentrations big enough to support conventional retail advertising.  I try hard to contribute <to the lists and forums where I participate; granted I am not a chromatic expert in any sense of the word so I can contribute less to Slidemeister. <And I try to really limit the self-promotional messages. But if I introduce an important new product (as I have done recently with The Heumann <Element, for example, which I havenÂt even mentioned previously on HARP-L) - these lists ARE the best way to let harp players around the world know <about it - and in my experience they are overwhelmingly accepting and appreciative of such posts. How else do harmonica players find out about <anything but the bottom rung mass merchant gear - EXCEPT by word of mouth? That is part of the great value of these lists to ALL players. Far fewer <people would know about BrendanÂs brilliant work, or Tom HalchakÂs or Greg Jones' or Randy Landry's or a host! of other Âtoo small to advertise in Time <Magazine businesses if it were NOT for HARP-L and the internet forums.

Like Greg said.

Thanks, Richard Hunter