[Harp-L] Recording with an RP

As Richard and Robert have testified itÂs easy to record with an RP just plugged into your computer.
 IÂve had quite a few issues with my RP 150 in live situations before but IÂve reason to believe that all that is ironed out now and IÂve learned have to get rid of (most of) the feedback thatÂs been plaguing me. (ItÂs been a question of sub-standard PA:s in a nefarious combo with various assholes manouvering them -- me being Numero Uno.)
However, itÂs patently obvious in my experience that some patches do not work that great in recording situations -- but I canÂt say why.
 Exempli gratia is setting no 6, which Richard describes a an "amped blues variation". Interestinlgy this one sounds quite all right when itÂs played out live in the recording room, but when I get to hear it later it sounds thin and somewhat "choked". The guy IÂm working with here is not a hard-core professional, that should be said, and I donÂt have a whole lot to do with mixing etc. HeÂs using a Zoom R24 recording device. Not a pro tool, but adequate.
 Some of the other settings (like 10, 11 and 12) sound just great -- and, interestingly these are very effects heavy. "Well, then use them" would be the easy way out, but for one the guy IÂm doing this for is very partial to no 6 ("Chicago sound") and he canÂt understand my objections; also, I like some variation. ThereÂs a minor conflict boiling since IÂve refused to let him use some of the stuff IÂve done with that sound and heÂs convinced that IÂm slightly bonkers. IÂve insisted on re-recording and mostly had my way, but I fear IÂm outstaying my welcome in that department ...
 Still, I hear what I hear.
Could there be a solution to make some sounds "travel" a little more easily? The Zoom seems to record things in Waw, and then itÂs turned into Mp3. For audiophiles this is probably an abomination but IÂve never been in that camp.

Cheers,Martin