Re: [Harp-L] Re: Daisy chaining amps, was Running Amps In Tandem

Christopher Richards wrote:
<Running from one amp direct to another, or for that matter using  a Y cable
<before the amps will affect tone and/or signal level.  In  my experience
<the outcome isn't usually a desirable one.
<
<There are numerous signal splitter pedals available that are  designed to
<do this task without risking your gear or affecting the quality of  your
<signal.  I've found the staff at Sweetwater.com to be especially  helpful with
<these sorts of questions.

For what it's worth, I use a Radial Tonebone ABY box that cost me about $85, as I recall.  It's a little pricier than some of the competition (you can get an ABY from Morley for about $50, I think), but it does a better job than anything else I've tried of pushing the same signal that it sees at the input to either or both outputs, without degradation.  It's also compact, built like a tank, and needs no power source.

Regards, Richard Hunter