Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: twin harmonica system

Mr. Price: your assumption that everyone who posts something you dislike
must then have an 'angle' is patently offensive. Harp-l has long been a
place where camaraderie and good will were the order of the day, not a  site
where one who has absolutely no intention of purchasing a new  harmonica
product can post negativity about its inventor for no  good reason. Obviously
you've no intention of buying any of Brendan's  products, so why do you care
about his prices? Either a buyer can  afford them, or not.

I might ask: what's your angle instead--but you've already  made that very
clear. As a long-time member of this list I'm not remotely  interested in
reading your constant sniping at a brilliant  chromatic innovator. We know
very little about you. Brendan we've known for  a very long time having heard
him play Live, met him at Conventions and gotten  to know what kind of human
being he is: unfailingly good-humoured,  friendly, always willing to play
along with people of all styles and genres  and above all, NICE. He works hard
and so far does what he sets out to  do. His CX-12 concoctions are of
special interest to me since I play that  instrument and at last count have 13 of
them.

As far as I can determine you joined this list purely to sell  your wares.
I gather they didn't garner too much interest based on your  subsequent
negativity--so your way to solve this is to denigrate  others who HAVE produced
something which does create some buzz? You don't  seriously think Brendan
'borrowed' any of his ideas from you? C'mon. Please be  real. The idea of
stacking harmonicas of ANY type has for decades been  talked about, used and
available in the harmonica world and he's been working on  his system for a
very long time. You've now mentioned blue tac. Are you  perhaps unaware Brendan
was probably the first person ever to use blue tac  inside a harmonica - on
the reeds to be exact? Precisely where  did you first hear about blue tac
as it relates to  harmonicas?

As far as 'achieving the same' as Brendan has. No, you haven't and couldn't
 possibly. His use of the slide buttons --including the lock changes
everything--as well as the single mouthpiece for two chromatics. How could you
possibly imagine that switching from one mouthpiece to another and back is in
 any way 'the same' as his system? I'd suggest you visit his site and
actually  read more/check out the actual instruments, before commenting further.

And no, I'm not a kind 'women' plural. I'm quite singular, thank you and
have just as much right to post about anything harmonica related on this list
as  anyone else.

Elizabeth