FW: [Harp-L] The TWIN-HARMONICA SYSTEM is Announced

Hi Slim,

I understand on the tunings issue, and I must say you always make a great
defence for Solo! It is a wonderful tuning. I think my innovations will
actually boost its hegemony in the chromatic world, as they overcome some of
its limitations that previously could only be tackled by alt
tunings/half-valving etc. But leaving that aside, to answer your queries...

" As it stands, is it possible to independently exercise both slides at the
same time, perhaps using 2 fingers? It's not clear that you can use it that
way from the video, and that would explain the need for the locking slider"

It definitely is. You just hold the two combined secondary sliders in with
one finger whilst playing the master slider with a different finger. That's
fine for normal playing, but for fast wholetone trills (eg. on a C# note to
D#) it's not practical, for me anyway. Perhaps the high independent finger
speed for trills would come with practice, I don't know!

The latching blade makes it easy to operate the master slider quickly
without hindrance. The blade can be applied/removed very quickly, but it
does momentarily interrupt the flow if you're in the middle of a fast
passage. I have looked at ways of holding the secondary sliders in with your
other hand via levers/cables etc, which could be possible. Will keep trying
on that!

You can get an idea of how fast you can move fingers independently by
placing your second finger on a table and drumming your first finger up and
down. Fine for most playing, and I imagine the speed could be improved once
your fingers were used to it. Look at what table players can do!

Cheers,

Brendan Power
WEBSITES: www.brendan-power.com ● www.x-reed.com
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/BrendanPowerMusic