Fwd: [Harp-L] Re: Standard embouchures

Does the throat not contain any of the air column used for bends?

I just ask because of how singers learn to use the entire column of air,
all the way down to the diaphragm. It would be interesting to be able to
read up on any writing on this, because I just assumed that the air column
from vibrating element to diaphragm was the same idea, whether talking
about the harmonica reed or the human larynx.

I'm curious about the support for that assertion, and I'm always happy to
learn why one system is different from another. Thanks!