Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Standard embouchures

Dave, according to Steve Baker you do have the right idea.

As far as bending goes--I think I'd rather listen to someone who plays
beautifully:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPnkJOSV-7M

and is pretty much an expert in the field - Steve Baker who says the true
bend is created in the throat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bchZyq7Y918

Hope this helps,

Elizabeth

"Message: 7
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 10:50:02 -0700
From: Dave Murray  <dmurray110@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Isn't the throat  a part of the oral cavity? I cannot bend the low notes on
a low pitched harp  like a G without bringing the throat into play. My oral
cavity, without  including the throat, is too small for low bends on a low
harp.

At first  I thought this discussion a matter of semantics, but until I
grasped including  the throat as a part of the variable oral cavity I was quite
frustrated by the  harp. So it seems important to me.

Regards,
Dave  Murray