Re: [Harp-L] Re: Standard embouchures

I realize that I wandered into a conversation with more experienced players than myself, but until I figured out include the throat, I could not reach the bottom low hole bends on low harps.

But then putting how you bend notes into words is a near impossibility. The many tongue explanation that I heard, read and tried only worked for me on high pitched harps.

It took me so long to get the low draw bends that I came close to giving up on the harp.

It could be that what I am consciously doing with throat muscles is causing the tongue and shape of the oral cavity to make the bends unconsciously, I don't know. Something to think about while trying to improve my time perhaps.

Dave