Re: [Harp-L] Re: Standard embouchures

Isn't the throat a part of the oral cavity? I cannot bend the low notes on a low pitched harp like a G without bringing the throat into play. My oral cavity, without including the throat, is too small for low bends on a low harp.

At first I thought this discussion a matter of semantics, but until I grasped including the throat as a part of the variable oral cavity I was quite frustrated by the harp. So it seems important to me.

Regards,
Dave Murray