Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Graphite lubricant for slides?

"I wish water rinses alone would keep my slides functioning as well as I
like but they don't.

>>> Thanks,
>>>  Daniel"

Then it's time to open up your chromatics, remove the mouthpiece assemblies
 and clean them. The windsavers should be cleaned separately: Dave Payne
posted a  video ages ago showing just how to do this--with moistened brown or
news-paper  first dampened then slid across barsoap and between the valve
layers, then  continuing with wet paper until 'rinsed' and clean. I keep my
chromatics clean  and have never run into the constant problems you post
about.  I've mentioned my own cleaning regimen many times; so have  others--both
here and on Slidemeister.

Adding lubricant of any kind to a saliva-stuck slide won't make  it work
any better, in fact it will simply worsen the problem because any  kind of oil
will attract MORE dust and dirt. Clean your axe the way it needs to  be and
90% of your problems will disappear.

Elizabeth