[Harp-L] Live with Michael G Batdorf at Pendl's Cafe

I just posted a live recording of a piece by Michael G. Batdorf that I performed with the artist on Aug. 24 at Pendl's Cafe in Driggs, ID.  I performed the piece on a Hohner CX12 chromatic harmonica in E, which I used on this occasion because 1) the piece is in Eb minor, and I didn't have a diatonic with me that would cover that key, and 2) the E was the only chromatic I had on hand, largely because it's the CX12 with the best slide action in my kit.  As it turned out, this was a good choice of harp for the piece, as you can hear at the link below.

http://www.hunterharp.com/live-with-michael-g-batdorf-at-pendls-cafe-august-24-2014/

I played the harp through a handheld Audix Fireball mic into my Digitech RP360Xp running into a Peavey KB2 amp.  I put a lot of work into creating a stellar set of clean patches for the RP after my gig in Milan in April, and I'm liking the way those patches turned out.  Lots of the music that goes on in Idaho is acoustic, and those patches do the trick very nicely.

Enjoy.

regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick