[Harp-L] Hohner Road Show w/Ronnie Shellist

Drove down to the Hohner Road Show in Lafayette CO a couple days  ago, it's
a bit under an hour from my home in Greeley.  Ronnie was of  course in
great form, and as a bonus he had his local duo  partner Moses Walker accompany
him on guitar & vocals.  Free  harmonica's were distributed to the crowd and
everyone from beginners to  seasoned pro's enjoyed the presentation.  Bonus
number two was Moses  handing his guitar to Nic Clark, who played that plus
harmonica,  plus sang an old ballad.

Although it's a marketing event for Hohner products,  it included some fine
music + some well conducted beginner  level group lessons, it didn't feel
in the least bit like Ronnie was twisting  anyone's arm to buy something.
The lessons were well received by new  players of all ages.  Once the show was
complete Ronnie hung around to  answer questions about Hohner products and
about playing harmonica in  general.

I've known him for about 9 years, even back then  thought Ronnie was a
really good player.  Over the last few years I've  seen him step from being
'merely' really,  really good, and up into a rarified world class level  that
few will ever achieve.  Hohner made a solid choice when they  asked him to do
the Road Show.

This isn't a plug for Hohner, while I do play some Hohner instruments, I
also like some of the stuff from Seydel and Suzuki... even have one of the
elusive Harrison B-Rad's in my kit. (the other one never arrived...  sob)
Just felt that the Road Show is a great concept, and that it was  executed in
a warm inviting manner.  Worth a drive if it comes to a  town anywhere near
to you.

Christopher Richards
Staging & Production - SPAH
www. harmonicaplanet.com

And yes, Ronnie will be one of the artists in the 2015 pre-SPAH Blues
Blowoff.
See you in Denver next August!