Re: [Harp-L] Dental work

On Aug 26, 2014, at 5:36 PM, Dennis Moriarty wrote:

> I have the worst teeth in North America (I’ve had dental work everywhere from Australia to India). Once -while soloing- I had a fixed-bridge crack in half. While this might not sound credible: I completed the solo - awkwardly!  Anyway - I have partials so I can only give you a “partial” perspective. For me it is 100% contingent on the structures adherence to whatever it is adhering to, e.g. adjacent teeth for me and tissue for you. It will be a handicap for you but the degree to which it handicaps you will depend on how well it stays put with denture adhesive (which you will need to apply right before performing). How well that works remains to be seen - or “heard”. Tonight I have a big show - celebrities, packed house, video, etc. Because my lower partial is loose and I play intensely I must take it out (then furtively put it back post-set!) tonight. Implants and fixed bridges are best but the economics are a challenge!! Good luck: I do empathize with you. d
> http://facebook.com/yodennis
> http://www.youtube.com/user/bigdennism

My man Dennis is right. I was in the Camp Hill prison riot of 1989 and had my face shattered. My jaw is pinned and wired. I have no bone left for posts. So I wear dentures. Now IF you have a high enough pallet, the uppers are no problem and usually don't require adhesives. But my bottoms will wallow all over my mouth. SO, I either take the bottoms out or I use Poligrip. I never have a problem. But have to admit that I am not a fire brand player.

smo-joe