[Harp-L] Looking for the right tab tune.

Here are a bunch of tab sites:

 My experience with tab sites is that while the tab sites work; the tabbed out songs do not. They have wrong notes, missing notes and often don't sound like the original song. Other than that, I think they do an excellent job.

 I prefer the universal tab known as "music notation," especially when I can't remember how the song goes. Remember, as I've mentioned before, harptabs side on left side of page column boxes has Tab Rulers which will convert that pesky music notation into tab regardless of key. Then, since tab is the universal transposer (good in any key), it's just a matter of picking up the right harmonica. Most of this stuff is free. Some is for sale.

(If you want to compile a collection, you can save pdf files and send them to your Kindle account--  which is viewable on a variety of platforms. I read my Kindle (home-made and commercial store bought) on iPod, iPhone, iMac, PC.  If you want to save tabs without the ads and promos on the sides, you need to make a screen shot of the selected part (center of page). This is easy -- command-shift 4 -- on Mac.

**Buyer beware. Note: there are two (2) sites: harptab and harptabs.

harmonicatab lists tab and sheet music for harmonica songs  <http://harmonicatabs.org/>

You can browse by title (must know first letter of song title)

American folk blues / Celtic music / christmas music / classical music / easy songs / English folk songs hymns / kid's songs /

110 of the World's Most Popular Song to Play on the Harmonica Intro by JP Allen

<http://www.harmonica.com/hc/htphl/completebundle/197/100tabs/100HarmonicaTABSfrom_JP_Allen.htm>

Then there is collection of tab sites:

<http://www.harmonicaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2479>

Hope this helps