Re: [Harp-L] Please give suggestions for great tab songbook

Michael Rubin requests:

"My student has made a request that I have decided to indulge. Instead of
following my usual path, all he wants is to learn songs out of a book. He
is 12 years old and has not developed interested in popular music, so any
type of songs will work. Any recommendations?"

Without knowing the skill and knowledge level of your student, it's kind
of hard to make targeted recommendations. Absent that detail, here are
some suggestions. BTW, you might be able to find cheaper copies than at
Amazon, but I gave that as the source simply because it's readily available.
Some of the books have CDs; some don't. All of these books are songbooks
containing tabs and (usually) sheet music.

PLEASE NOTE: I am *NOT* implying *ANYTHING* regarding my personal preferences
by virtue of the order of the listing. It occurred this way because I just
pulled books off my shelf in this order.

*Jazz Harp*
Richard Hunter
ISBN 0-8256-0229-7
Copyright 1980 by Oak Publications
$14.20 Amazon

*Blues Harmonica Collection*
David McKelvey
ISBN 0-7935-1600-5
Copyright 1992 by Hal Leonard Publishing Corp.
$12.63 Amazon

*Mel Bay Presents... The Original You Can Teach Yourself Harmonica*
George Heaps-Nelson and Barbara mcClintock Koehler
ISBN 0-87166-264-7
Copyright 1989 by Mel Bay Publications Inc.
$19.60 Amazon

*Irish and American Fiddle Tunes for Harmonica*
Glenn Weiser
ISBN 0-931759-10-2
Copyright 1998 by Centerstream Publishing (Hal Leonard)
$15.82 Amazon

*Mel Bay Presents... Bluegrass & Country Music for Harmonica*
Phil Duncan
ISBN 0-7866-2873-1
Copyright 1984 by Mel Bay Publications Inc.
$17.99 Amazon

*Bluegrass Harmonica*
Mike Stevens
ISBN 1-57424-045-5
Copyright 1997 by Centerstream Publishing (Hal Leonard)
$15.82 Amazon

*Mel Bay Presents... Christmas Songs for Harmonica*
Phil Duncan
ISBN 0-7866-2638-0
Copyright 1994 by Mel Bay Publications Inc.
$13.63 Amazon

*Christmas Classics for Harmonica*
Arranged by Eric Plahna
ISBN 1-4234-0448-3
Copyright 2005 by Hal Leonard Publishing Corp.
$7.16 Amazon

*Christmas Carols & Hymns for Harmonica*
Bobby Joe Holman
ISBN 0-634-01672-5
Copyright 2000 by Hal Leonard Publishing Corp.
$7.99 Amazon

HTH
Crazy (enough to Buy! Buy! Buy! harmonica books) Bob