Re: [Harp-L] Interesting Guitar Center policies

Harp, I'm glad that you had no problem... but remember, I asked if I could
check it after purchase just to be sure, and was told by both the employee
and the manager, in no uncertain terms, that there were no returns on
harmonicas, even if defective.

It would have been one thing if an exchange was possible for a defective
harp after buying it, but they were very clear and specific that they would
not do a return or exchange on a harmonica because it is designed to go
into the mouth, even if they witnessed it being checked in front of them
and never going into the mouth.

I just thought a heads up was in order, because if one of their stores can
talk about corporate policy and their refusal to ensure that merchandise
isn't defective even before it goes in the mouth, then it might affect
someone other than me down the road. It's definitely something worth
checking, if you don't have huge amounts of extra income just falling out
of your pockets.

On the plus side, I went to my regular store, and they thought Guitar
Center's Catch 22 situation is just one more way my neighborhood store
stays in business. They did teasingly chastise me for having gone to GC,
though.