[Harp-L] Interesting Guitar Center policies

I normally get my harmonicas at a local shop. I've had times where there
was an occasional problem, so I always use the tester just to check.

I found out today that Guitar Center, or at least the one I was near today,
won't let you use the tester on the harmonicas.

Well, then, can I buy it, and then use the harmonica tester immediately
after to be sure it's at 100%?

No, we don't allow returns or exchanges on harmonicas, in case you put it
in your mouth.

But, I explained, i just want to be sure before I walk out. You'll even see
that I don't put it in my mouth, only use the tester I can see there behind
the counter.

Sorry, all harmonica purchases are as is and final.

The manager had the same view, but neither of them could explain why they
even have the tester there if not for testing a harmonica.

I left without buying anything, and I'll swing by my local shop another
time and do the usual.

Anyone else ever face that "pig in a poke" policy when buying harmonicas?