Re: [Harp-L] Three Standard Embouchures

Ok Neil, I understand. But the only reason I brought it up, and I am sincere about this, is that when one is compiling a compendium on harmonica (which I believe is you're mission), it  'could' (I say could) be somewhat dangerous to make generalities. Only because the harmonica is such a mouth instrument. Maybe as far as even being a vocal instrument. Consequently, since there are 7 1/4 billion people hanging around, I (as an island) would find it iffy to try to place the multitude of factors into fairly diliniated pigeon holes.

As a side note: Back in 53 I bought my first Marine Band at a PX. While getting it used to my face and my face getting used to IT, I was going up and down the harp, and out of nowhere I manufactured a blow note out of thin air. Yes, admittedly, it WAS on the high end. And I was using TB at the time. Because that's what the little waxed paper diagram showed. So, your claim that maybe if TB would work..it would probably only do so on the high end seems plausible..at least to me. But I have hit other notes. So? maybe it's a question of how much mileage a person has put on harp?. I dunno. I am still not a great player, so I will bow to others on this list whom have progressed immensely.

But I DO understand where you are coming from. And I find most of your information to be good skinny  :)  Keep up the great work.

smo-joe