[Harp-L] Subject: Facebook vs privacy issues

For those who might think Facebook is the be all and end all, I beg to
differ.

I first signed up purely to connect with my many harmonica friends.

I'm slowly phasing it out --visiting only rarely to check on those few
people I still interact with MAINLY due to the complete lack of privacy (one
has  to use full name and provide other personal info when first signing up).
Other  news sites are presently linking any of your on-line posting
(regardless of  content) directly to your facebook page whether you agree with this
practice or  not. (This is a fairly recent development).

If that's satisfactory to you, fine. I disagree.

Most online music sites allow use of 'nick' names for privacy. Big
difference.

Elizabeth