[Harp-L] Facebook vs. Harp-L

I first was thinking your comment was about the demise of Facebook and
its shift to an older demographic; I was thinking "old news" (I work
in IT). Then I realized we were talking about Facebook being superior
in some way. To which I was shocked. Other than connecting to other
people I really do not see the value. Harp-L because it is text based
allows for fast retrieval of information. I do not read it everyday. I
get the digest and have it go I to a filtered folder that all allows
storage and makes it easy to research who does ____. They are
comparatively low cost easy to run and easy for the enduser to
manipulate the data. That is why listservs continue to be preferred.
If any  of those websites mentioned go down the information will be
lost! Look at the Usenet as an example. The tech used on Gussow's site
is also old (just an updated BBS - Gopher). The new trend is curated
content and user assistance. Similar to what Greg does with his
company.