Re: [Harp-L] Original Reason for Tongue-Blocking

I dont make any claim to being a pro player....but.
Isn't there a difference between lip block and pucker?
I don't believe they are the same thing. Lip block done correctly shouldn't
require tensing of the cheeks. If fact, you want to keep your cheeks
relaxed. I think it has more to do with the position of the harmonica in
your mouth. Where as the shape of your mouth, by opening your jaws for a
larger or fuller tone or tightening your jaw and cheeks for a shallower
sound (tone)
I would think a "Pucker" would always give you a shallow tone.
My thought of a pucker is that you are putting your lips to the harmonica,
and a lip block, you are putting the harmonica all the way into your mouth.
It is also possible to play chords with lip block by simply adjusting the
position of the lower lip, but its much easier to accompany yourself with
chords by tb.
When I play 2nd position I tend to lip blocking because I haven't learned
to bend notes while tb-ing. But I've heard that it's possible.  :-)
Just my 2 sense. $$
RWR.