Re: [Harp-L] Original Reason for Tongue-Blocking

perhaps TB was in the mind of the creator of diatonic harmonicas in Germany...made to play melody and accompaniment for pop tunes of this era.

my thoughts are that chromatics came later.

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Sandy <slyou65@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; Harmonicology [Neil Ashby] <harmonicology@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Aug 14, 2014 12:57 pm
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Original Reason for Tongue-Blocking

Neil,

Was the large block of wood any thicker than, say, a 364?  I use both methods on
all my harmonicas, including several 364's and the narrower 365's.  They work
slightly different than thinner combs/covers but once one gets used to them
there isn't much noticable difference.  I don't have a bass nor two foot long
axe so I am not including them in this discussion.  Perhaps someone who uses
them can chime in?

Lockjaw Larry
Breathing Music daily