 Subject: [Harp-L] Original Reason for Tongue-Blocking
 To: "harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Thursday, August 14, 2014, 12:42 PM

 There has been much long discussion
 pertaining to Tongue-Blocking versus Lip-Blocking (and
 Puckering) for the diatonic harmonica.

 Tongue-Blocking on the diatonic harmonica is quite useful
 for Octaves and a few other combinations of separated notes
 BUT the original reason for Tongue-Blocking seems to be that
 the old Chromatic harmonica was too _thick_ for Lip-Blocking
 (or Puckering); that large block of wood simply inhibited
 any other method of operation.

 Comments?

 /Neil (" http://thebuskingproject.com/busker/2025/
 ")