Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonica Band Reboot

Sorry I missed that particular performance, Emile.

But the use of chords and Bass (as well as guitars and other string
instruments) was so much more effective than many people thought it might  be.

I sat in audiences ranging in age from 7 to 93 (with every decade
represented)....and the applause was intense and meant.

People's ears were opened to these 'new' sounds--so this SPAH's mission was
 accomplished. Blues players talked to me quite often about how unusual
they'd  first thought it was to hear a Bass or a Chord played with 'their'
music...and yet, how amazingly good these rhythm instruments worked in  context.

And of course Phil Caltabellotta is my own personal favourite chromatic
player and one of my mentors so hearing his instantly recognizable chromatic
(his tone is to die for)...was a treat. I've sure missed him and Val since
their  move to Florida.

A most successful SPAH! (More later)

Elizabeth

"Message: 13
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 10:09:43 -0700
From: Emile Damico  <oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

This was listed in the Seminars but it  was a theme that
was in the performances to.
It was great to see chord and  bass now
included in acts that had never had them before.

In the  seminar I got to have my tune "Matt's Blues a
Twisted Tail" played by 3  Basses, Chord, Harmonetta and
Phil Caltabellotta on chromatic playing improv  with me
on melody and improv. This was a world  premier.LOL

Emile